CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A wonderful Mother's Day















I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day today. It started off a little shaky, with Rachel being sick. I even got mad at her at one point in the morning because she had come downstairs instead of staying in bed. Turns out she came down to give me my present, which made me feel bad for being hard on her. The girls gave me a copy of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park (I am current working my way through all of her books), and Greg gave me some beautiful flowers. The afternoon brought a wonderful dinner, a text message from Melissa (who was working and couldn't call) and a 40 minute call from Joe. It was wonderful to hear his voice! It probably was one of the best mother's day presents I have ever gotten. Although I know that his mission is a wonderful thing for him and our family, I do miss the ability to talk with him whenever I want. The emails are great, but being able to talk in real time and hear his laugh again was quite a treat. And since I had been able to get the day off of work, his call helped to wrap up an excellent day!

0 comments: