CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

My silly dog


Let me start off that I love my dog. I really do. But some days I wonder what I was thinking when I wanted a puppy for Christmas in 2006. Dakota is a sweet dog, but she is a shredder. She loves to shred paper, socks, stuffed animals and has also been known to chew up pens and pencils. It is a habit we have tried to unsuccessfully break her of, and so we have had to resort to keeping the bedroom doors closed during the day. If we don't, she always seems to find something interesting to steal and shred. Well, this morning I apparently did not get my door shut tightly. I came walking through the living room to find Dakota playing on the stairs with a spool of yarn. She would throw it down the stairs, retrieve it and run back up the stairs and start again. It was so cute I decided to let her keep playing with it. The next time I walked by, I discovered that she had not been content with just tossing the yarn around. Instead, she had worked her way through the yarn and managed to shred the cardboard spool it was on. Such a naughty girl! I guess that will teach me not to let her keep things she has stolen!

0 comments: