CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Joe's wild ride












Here is an account of the wreck Joe took on his bike today:

I had my own roller coaster ride last Friday. We were cutting through a park and going down a steep embankment. I decided I was going to coast down it without braking so I could go fast. I immediately thought, I should brake and then that I should cut straight through the grass, but I ignored those promptings and tried to stay on the sidewalk. Long story short, I hit something and lost my balance. I'm ok, but I put a hole in one of my suit pants and scraped my elbow. So the moral of the story is don't do anything stupid (that's a President Hinckley quote he said to some missionaries) and listen to the Holy Ghost.

It is always good when the Lord protects us even when we ignore the promptings of the spirit. He did tear his pants, but he wasn't hurt--so that is a blessing. That Missionary Mall guarantee just paid off--although I must admit we had to use it a lot sooner into his mission than I had expected. We sent them the picture of the tear, and then sent him a new pair as soon as the had the right size in stock. That a great system!

0 comments: