Today Erin's middle school band competed at the Festival of the Falls. I had planned my day so I could attend. Usually I am always running behind schedule and rushing to get places on time. But today I actually left with plenty of time to spare. I got to Cy Ridge High School and parked about 15 minutes before her band was set to start warm ups. As I walked around the school looking for an unlocked door, I was thinking about how I would probably have to go to the front desk and ask for directions to the auditorium because I had never been in Cy Ridge. It then occurred to me that the Festival of the Falls is held at Cy Falls High School and not Cy Ridge. I couldn't believe I had gone to the wrong high school. So I hurried back to my car and headed over to Cy Falls. Once again I was rushing to be on time. But luckily, I started out on this brain lapse adventure early enough that even with my mistake I made it to the competition in plenty of time. So I was able to relax for a few minutes before Erin's band performed. They played 3 pieces and were absolutely amazing! It really was hard to believe they were a Middle School band. I was so glad I was able to attend!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment