Hello All,
The center of the storm has passed us. It seems we had hurricane force winds here at the house. We lost power at about 2 am and had some tree tops fall down the side of the house making a lot of noise and hitting the fence but not damaging the house as far as we can tell. We have a little rain seeping into our bedroom where the water does not drain well but it is minimal. I have been out this morning to do a quick survey and we seem to be in good shape. I helped the water by the bedroom drain a bit and we use some battery power to put a fan on it. We are still getting very high winds (tropical storm force) and steady rain with occasionally heavy rain and higher gusts of wind.
All in all we are in good shape. Lots of debris on the roads and in the yard but we don't have any major damage and I haven't seen any in the neighborhood. I'm using my UPS to send this note as power is still down. Not sure how long that will hold up to give us internet access so this may be the last update until power is restored (or I get the UPS recharged).
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Yike! It's Ike part 3
Posted by The Artisan Mama at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment