Since it has been so slow at work, Continental has been giving a lot of advanced auto. I decided it had been too long since I had seen my parents, so I took several days off and flew into Salt Lake on Monday. It was a really great trip and I enjoyed being able to catch up with Kevin and Michelle & their family as well as Mom and Dad.
Monday night I went to a community theatre with Kevin and Michelle and saw Jekyll and Hyde-which was pretty good. Nick is going to school at Weber State and working at the scout shop. He is taking Lacrosse as his PE credit and has a bit of a black eye from that. Catherine loves to play on her keyboard and create cd's using software that changes the keyboard playing into other instruments. She gave me a cd when they picked me up for the airport--it is pretty cute. Michelle won another blue ribbon at the Utah State Fair in their quilting sampler competition. She is such a good quilter! We went to one of her quilting classes on Tuesday, and I can see where it could become an addictive hobby. A trip to Kevin & Michelle's house is never complete without playing Ticket to Ride. This trip was no different. Kevin threatened to give me a Joe Beating last Tuesday night when we played the Switzerland version. He did beat me, but not by much--it was Michelle that got the beating. On Wednesday Michelle and I went to a Quilting Shop Hop, visiting several fabric stores that were having sales and give aways. I won a new rotary cutter at one of the shops which was pretty cool. I was a little worried about getting it through security on my flight home, but it turned out not to be a problem.
It was a fun and relaxing couple of days, and it was really good to see my family. This trip also reminded me how lucky I am to have my job with Continental! I hope I get to work for them for a long, long time!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
A Visit with Family
Posted by The Artisan Mama at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment