General Conference was this weekend, and it was the highlight of my week. I love that we have a living prophet that speaks to us on a regular basis. I love that the Lord knows each one of us individually, and knows what counsel we need to hear. I can't even tell you what my favorite talk was--I just loved all the messages and the spirit that I felt as I listened to each session. I really needed that spiritual feeding. I felt like a lot of the messages were given just for me, so my testimony of the leadership of the church was strengthened.
It was also exciting to see the gospel continue to spread across the earth. President Monson announced the building of 5 new temples Saturday morning. They will be built throughout the world--in Calgary, Canada; Cordoba, Argentina; the greater Kansas City area; Philadelphia; and Rome, Italy. Exact locations will be announced later, but the Kansas City and Rome temples were very exciting to me. Rome, because who would have ever thought we see a temple there, and Kansas City because of the potential for it to be in Jackson County. Once these temples are completed, there will be 145 operating temples throughout the world. It seems like only yesterday we hit the 100 temple mark. It is such a blessing to live at this time, and witness the work of the Lord spread across the world and the blessing of the Temple become accessible to more and more people. The Lord truly loves his children!
0 comments:
Post a Comment