We got a call from Joe this morning from the airport as he waited to fly to Colorado. Actually, we got 2 calls. He tried the home phone first. We were still in bed and didn't hear it ring, so he left a short message (which I probably won't delete until he comes home) and then luckily tried calling a cell phone. This one I heard, and was so happy I did. He sounds great. We didn't get to talk very long, but it was such a treat to hear his voice and have that reconfirmation that he is doing so well. He is looking forward to entering the mission field and teaching the gospel to the people of Colorado. We are so proud!
Here is what Joe had to say about his first day in the mission field in his first letter from Colorado:
"It was nice talking to you and dad. Colorado is awesome. The weather cant decide if it wants to be freezing and snow, or sunny and perfect. My mission president and his wife are awesome. We spent the first day and night with them at the mission home, so no green food. Right after we got off the plane, we were given pass along cards and sent off into the airport to talk to people for 30 min. It was scary but fun. I'm in Aurora,Co in South East Denver. My trainer is Elder Winder, he leaves in 2 transfers. He's really cool and an amazing Missionary. I'm learning a lot. We are on bikes and the hills can be brutal, but I love it. I did get a bike from another missionary here a couple of days ago. It was from the mission office and was to small for him, hopefully it works for me. I had to buy some stuff for it today. The members here are amazing. We are staying with members, the Souths. Its cool. We haven't taught many people yet, we were white washed in(we're both new here) and we're just contacting and meeting members. Its a blast. I can't believe its been almost a month."
Joe with President & Sister Christison
New Colorado Denver South Missionaries
Joe's Trainer Elder Winder:
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Joe Heads to Colorado
Posted by The Artisan Mama at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment