CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Joe enter's the MTC


The day was finally here for Joe to begin his mission. He enjoyed breakfast and some last minute time on the Wii (with Sam and Cobe and also alone) before heading out. He was very nervous, but once he finished packing his bags he never looked back. We got to the MTC and fell in line. They took his bags and sent us inside where he was given his name tag and a special orange sticker that we later found out indicated this was his first day. We were sent to a large room full of other missionaries and their families and waited. We then had a special service where the MTC President and his wife both spoke. There was also singing and a video about missions that made a lot of people cry--I was surprised how well I kept control of my emotions. I had been really worried about how I would feel leaving Joe at the MTC. But both Greg and I were blessed with a great feeling of peace as dropped him off and watched him start his mission. Joe has such a special spirit. We are so proud of his decision to go on a mission. We know he will be a great missionary and that the Lord will take care of him while he is serving the people of Colorado.


0 comments: