Last Friday (Feb 1) we got a call from the sister missionaries that serve in our ward. Not an unusual event, as they often call to have Joe go out with them. I answered, expecting them to ask for Joe, but instead they asked if I was available to go out with them on a visit. This really took me back. I said just a minute, put my hand over the phone and just stood there. Greg asked what was wrong. I said the missionaries had just asked me to go out with them and that I didn't want to go. He and Joe both laughed, and said they understood that dilemma. So I stood there and fought with the urge to say no and the knowledge that my whole family was watching me and that I would be setting an example by the choice I made. So I said yes.
I met the sisters at by the house where there appointment was. Unfortunately the woman who they were supposed to meet wasn't there. So we got in my van and went to visit one of their other contacts. It has been a long time since I have gone out with the missionaries. It was really good to see them teach an investigator and deal with the objections that were brought up. Gave me a good insight on what Joe will be doing on his mission. I am not sure I added anything to the evening (although I did play with a 3 yr old so at least I was able to try to keep him focused on me and not being such a big distraction for his Grandmother). I am glad I went--even if I really didn't want to.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Out of my comfort zone
Posted by The Artisan Mama at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment