Today Joe took out his endowments at the Houston Texas Temple. Wow, what an amazing experience! Being a parent is such a difficult job at times, but this was definitely a day where we were able to experience the true joy of being parents. This morning before we went to the temple we attended the world wide training broadcast on the family where we were told that "the family comes first" and that it is an obligation to raise up a righteous family. This afternoon as we watched our son take a major step in his spiritual progression, that message was reinforced. Everything we do should be focused on the goal of having an eternal family. This was our first day in the temple with one of our children. I look forward to having this experience with each of our three daughters!
Throughout the session, I kept looking over at Joe. I loved watching his face, and seeing Greg help him along. I kept wondering how this could be my little boy. Time has gone so fast! Just before I went through the veil, I glanced back over my shoulder and gave Joe a smile. I then joined Greg in the Celestial room and we waited for Joe to follow. Our Bishop told me later that after we were both gone, he moved up behind Joe and told him that this was just like life--he'll see me smile at him and then slip through the veil, and then I'd be waiting for him in the Celestial Kingdom. (I had a similar thought as I passed through the veil)

I am so thankful that we were able to be with Joe in the temple today. What a great blessing it is as a parent to watch your child make such an important commitment to live the gospel to its fullest. We are so proud of Joe and his decision to serve a mission. He has an amazing spirit and I know he will be a force for much good in Colorado!

0 comments:
Post a Comment