CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cake anyone?

The Scouts in our ward held a spaghetti dinner and cake auction this evening which was a lot of fun. Plus the scouts made a ton of money, so it was a successful night all the way around!
I had three cakes that I really, really wanted. I was sure I could get one of them, but all we did was drive up the price paid for each of them because there were deeper pockets than ours in attendance. We did end up buying 4 cakes, which I know is ridiculous. But since we didn't donate to the BSA Council this year, we had a set budget which I didn't go over. Plus two of them were small ones, and we plan to take the two large ones to the new member fireside at the Bishop's house tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll get to try one of the cakes I had originally wanted to buy there, since Cory Martin stole it out from under me. I'm not bitter at all! Really!

Three happy scouts: Cody Corrington, Cory Martin & Justin Pyper

0 comments: