
After a couple of months of instruments just sitting in their cases not being touched, August 6 marked the time to dust them off for the beginning of summer band. This is our official sign that the summer is over, and is a pretty sad day for high school band members. This was especially true for us this year. We had a great summer and it would have been wonderful for it to continue! The week got off to a rough start as Rachel had a stomach bug and missed two days of practice. In the past, this would have been a nightmare. However, the band a new head director, Mr. Chote, who is was wonderful about it. He has a family with small children and seems to understand that although band it a big part of the kids’ lives, it is not there entire lives. I think I'm going to like him. A lot! Here's a photo of him and his adorable son.
I can’t believe that Erin is going to be in high school this year. The house was so quiet once band started—and I am not sure I like it. But the beginning of Marching season is going well. Erin seems to be enjoying it so far, although she does complain about the heat—who can blame her. She was awarded a marching spot, which made her very excited as very few Freshman got them. Rachel won an award for most spirited senior at the band’s movie night, so she obviously is having a good time. Hopefully this is the beginning of a great year for both the girls.
0 comments:
Post a Comment