Today was election day, which gave us the opportunity to vote for the next President of the United States. I'm pretty sure my guy isn't going to win and tomorrow everyone will be talking about President Obama. But if you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain when elected officials do things you disagree with. And I do like to complain, so of course I voted today. And guess who else got to vote in their first Presidential elections? Melissa and Rachel. Joe was eligible to vote by absentee ballot, but said that since he didn't know enough about the issues and did want to use any of his mission time researching politics he opted not to. What a dedicated missionary.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I Voted! Did you?
Our schools were closed today so that everyone could vote. Not quite sure why they did this as they never have in the past. But we'll take any day off of school we can get. Rachel and I went and voted together, and Greg went shortly after us. After we voted, we went to Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen for lunch. It was a great day of executing our privilege to vote.
Posted by The Artisan Mama at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment