Before Melissa went back to Austin today, we decorated the Christmas tree. It has always been our tradition to wait until after Joe's birthday on the 5th to put up any Christmas decorations. But now that we have kids out on their own (and Joe isn't even here), we try to do it when most of them are home.
Our tree has always been decorated with ornaments we got as the kids grew up along with the ones that they made. I've wanted a "grown up tree" for a long time, dreaming about fancy matching ornaments. But the last couple of years that has changed. I love pulling out all the old decorations and enjoying all the memories they bring. I think I'll always have this tree (unless of course my kids steal the ornaments when they have families of their own--although I am not sure that will be allowed).



Anyway, decorating the tree was an enjoyable way to end our holiday weekend. Bring on Christmas!
0 comments:
Post a Comment