CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Totally Creepy!

We had a creepy experience last night. Cindy and Jessica Richardson had been over for pizza and a game of Taboo--which is a lot of fun and not the creepy part (we are trying to get a lot of partying done before they leave for Iowa). About 30 minutes after they left, Cindy came back looking for her phone. I let Dakota out of the front door to run around a bit. She is actually getting better at coming back inside when we are done, so I give her a little more freedom at times. But last night she wasn't finished exploring when I was ready to go in, so I left her out (she now comes and scratches the front door when she is ready to come in--which is an ok system as long as she stays away from the cars). Anyway, I was upstairs when she scratched, so Erin let her in. I came downstairs to get my phone, and could hear Dakota chewing on something. Dakota loves to rip appart stuffed animals and I thought she had popped an eye out of one them and was chewing on it. So I went over to her to check it out and I could take it away whatever she had so she didn't choke on it. She was lying on the carpet in front of the TV. I walked up to her and said "what are you chewing on girl?" and looked down. Then I totally freaked out. She had a rather large mouse (or small rat--not that it matters which) that she had chewed the face off of. I screamed and jumped back by my bedroom door. Erin, who was at the computer, asked what was wrong so I told her that Dakota had a mouse. She yelled and jumped over by me. I am not sure why it creeped me out so much, but we are talking really loud and fast about what we are going to do--Erin suggest calling Cindy Richardson to come back and take care of it, but she was on her way to the airport to pick up their cousin. So I called Greg, who was in Dallas for work, and told him about it. This conversation was done in a rather loud and slightly hysterical manner. I strongly complained that he wasn't here to take care of it because I didn't want to do it! I finally calmed down, put on a rubber glove, and put the mouse in a grocery bag that I then walked out the trash on the curb. It really was disgusting, but once again I am not exactly sure why I freaked out like that. It is really too bad we weren't being video taped, because I am sure it was hilarious! Probably could have made some serious money with that tape! You would have been laughing your head off!











Dakota loves to chew on things....





...but this time it wasn't a cute photo oportunity!

0 comments: