The girls were able to go to Especially For Youth in San Antonio again this year. I love sending the kids to EFY because they always come home with such strengthened testimonies. It truly is an amazing program.
I can't believe that Erin is old enough to go this year. She was so excited that she couldn’t stop talking about it for days, and had EFY packing piles all over her room. She roomed with Jessica Richardson and also was able to spend time with Juliana Stewart who came from Australia to attend with them. Rachel roomed with Lauren Kennington again this year and they had a great time.
I can't believe that Erin is old enough to go this year. She was so excited that she couldn’t stop talking about it for days, and had EFY packing piles all over her room. She roomed with Jessica Richardson and also was able to spend time with Juliana Stewart who came from Australia to attend with them. Rachel roomed with Lauren Kennington again this year and they had a great time.
This year I was driving up to EFY and the Kenningtons were bringing the girls back home.
As always, when it was time to load the cars we had way more luggage than I thiought we should. Luckily, we had two cars going up with 6 girls, so their was plenty of room for all their stuff. I drove Rachel, and Lauren and Lindsey Kennington in our van and Erin, Jessica and Juliana rode with Juliana's mom, Barbara. I think I definately got the better end of that deal. My girls were relatively calm and quiet, and all of them slept at least part of the way. Barbara wasn't so lucky, although she said she enjoyed the girls company so it was all good. Monday was a very long day. We had at 3 1/2 hr drive to San Antonio and then had to go through the check-in process. Next we went to the three different buildings the girls were in (Rachel and Lauren were in one building,
Erin, Jessica and Juliana in another, and Lindsey in a third) and dropped their things into their rooms. By this time we were starving, so we headed out to find a place for lunch. It is always difficult to find my way around Trinity College and discover a place to eat, but this time we stumbled across a great one--Cheesy Janes, where the girls enjoyed yummy burgers and shakes, and I had an order of nachos. Cheesy Janes didn't sound appealing to Juliana, but luckily there was a subway next door--so Barbara, Juliana and Erin went and had lunch there.
As always, when it was time to load the cars we had way more luggage than I thiought we should. Luckily, we had two cars going up with 6 girls, so their was plenty of room for all their stuff. I drove Rachel, and Lauren and Lindsey Kennington in our van and Erin, Jessica and Juliana rode with Juliana's mom, Barbara. I think I definately got the better end of that deal. My girls were relatively calm and quiet, and all of them slept at least part of the way. Barbara wasn't so lucky, although she said she enjoyed the girls company so it was all good. Monday was a very long day. We had at 3 1/2 hr drive to San Antonio and then had to go through the check-in process. Next we went to the three different buildings the girls were in (Rachel and Lauren were in one building,
Erin, Jessica and Juliana in another, and Lindsey in a third) and dropped their things into their rooms. By this time we were starving, so we headed out to find a place for lunch. It is always difficult to find my way around Trinity College and discover a place to eat, but this time we stumbled across a great one--Cheesy Janes, where the girls enjoyed yummy burgers and shakes, and I had an order of nachos. Cheesy Janes didn't sound appealing to Juliana, but luckily there was a subway next door--so Barbara, Juliana and Erin went and had lunch there. After we were done eating, it was back to the dorms, where the girls had to rush to change into their EFY shirts and get to the opening activities. I said goodbye to Barbara, and then met up with Elena Robinson. We had planned to get together and have lunch, but the drop offs had taken so long we didn't have time for anything but a quick stop at McDonalds in a local Walmart. This was a bummer, as I had looked forward to spending time with my friend, but we made the best of the time we had and enjoyed catching up with each other. After eating, I had to hit WalMart for the things the girls had forgotten--pillows and cheesecake jello for Rachel and batteries for Erin, then it was back to the dorms to drop them off in Rachel's room. I finally got back on the road around 4, and made it back to Houston around 7:30. It was a very long day--but definately worth it. EFY is worth any sacrifice!
The girls came home today on a spiritual high. I loved hearing about their experience and also listening to their new EFY CD--one of the best parts of the week. These are such good CDs that Erin had promised Joe before he left on his mission that she would mail hers to him once she got home--and when I told him I was sending it, he said he flet like a nerd being so excited about getting a CD for an EFY he never attended. Too funny! I am so grateful that the girls were able to have this experience. EFY is a great blessing in our lives!
Jessica, Rachel, Juliana and Erin





0 comments:
Post a Comment